Sunday, February 1, 2009

Yesterday went out with with my family, and
my uncle's family too.
We went to KampungMelayu(Malay village) at geylang
to watch a Kuda kepang performance.
Kuda kepang is a Horse trance dance, originated from
javanese i thk? And no, they dont ride a real horse.
I didnt take any video, so i youtubed for it to show
on my blog.


A very short clip. Same place, same group that performs, but different
day. This video shows the tranced horse rider getting whipped.

The whole performance wat awesome lah! I never watch this before.
watch also the softcore version, no 1 got possessed or anything.
Yesterday, 1st performance was the softcore 1, 6girls just dance
with the 'horse'. It is made from cardboard or smthing.
2nd performance was a battle scene by guys. The fighting not so epic
lah, but kinda cool.
3rd performance was kinda funny. 4kids and some adult wore a super
retarded face mask trying to run away from some dragon-likecreature.
the dragon looks smthing like the lion-dance, but more budget looking,
and the mouth can snap really loud.

4th performance was the trance. I didnt see that coming lah. so it starts
with guys and girls dancing with the horses. I thk the girls are there to
excort the men. theres 4men, and they all startsto go into a trance after
other members let them smell some smoke and stuff. At 1st i thought,
wow great acting. But no, those were real.
The whippers come out. Starts to whip all of them.And the trance dancers
still remains cool! They still can dance in synched with the music.
And the rest starts to feed him food and all, including glass! They also
jump and roll on the bunch of broken glass that they put in the middle of
the area lah! And they are very hyper, dont look tired although they move
around for very long like crazy.
They cure them back by doing some short ritual and "push" out watever that
is inside them.

Woww cool stuff man. Im so gonna watch it again. I thk next 2 weeks they
gonna perform again.Same place.
Some malay wedding and other events invite these performance too.
So if you are lucky theres a malay wedding near your
block, and they happens to haf this Kuda kepang performance, u can
witness it. but theres always youtube rite?

After the performance, we went to eat at Bedok corner. And i played
with a cat! So cute lah, it looks bigger than a kitten, but smaller
than an adult. So somewhere in between. So long i never play with
cats. 2months ago got lah, with my sister's teacher's cat. Her teacher
happens to live in the same block as me. Help my mum pass some goodies
to her house during hariraya, and her cat was outside. So fluffy.

And my uncle was so random. He told me not to download Ultraman new
movie, because he download it already, can take from him. I nearly
burst out laughing lah. And no, i never like Ultraman. So lame.
Ya, my uncle and i likes to share movies. we are the pirated guys lol.
I recently downloaded OngBak the 1st movie, 4bia, Fantastic4 2nd movie,
and Kungfu panda. now waiting for quarantine dvd-rip to be release.
Yeah i love fantastic four. My favorite superhero movie. Batman and
superman is too serious. Ghost rider and Spiderman is pretty cool too.
But theres Jessica Alba as Sue Storm in F4, and she wears the sexy blue
tight outfit. But i dont like her blonde. And F4 is funny, but less action.

No comments: